Olympic lugers are allowed to wear lead weights to bring them up to the maximum weight limit. Vulcan GMS provides aerodynamic lead weights that are sewn into the vests and shorts worn under the team members’ fitting speed suits. On Feb. 11, 2014, Erin Hamlin became the first individual luge medal winner for the U.S. team at the Sochi, Russia, games.
CEO Chuck Yanke on Milwaukee’s WTMJ 620 am radio (Feb. 12, 2014)
- Have you ever thought about trying luge?
- Vulcan GMS CEO Chuck Yanke to discuss Olympic luge involvement on WTMJ radio
- Vulcan supplies aerodynamic lead weights to U.S. Olympic luge team
- U.S. luge dominates in Veissmann World Cup Singles
In Other News
Vulcan’s support of the U.S. Olympic luge team has been covered by other news organizations.
- USA Luge explores the many variables behind a faster run by the Sports Business Journal (Oct. 12, 2015)
- Lead weights lift Vulcan GMS into international spotlight by the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce (Aug. 18, 2015)
Vulcan know-how, spirit lift Olympic luge team by the Milwaukee Business Journal (May 24, 2013)
- Video: The USA Luge Team Receives Strong Support from Vulcan GMS
- The list of sponsor and supporters for the U.S. Olympic luge team
- Vulcan GMS strives to turn lead into gold by Market Wired (May 21, 2010)
- Vulcan GMS: The official lead weight of the U.S. team by CNN Money (Feb. 16, 2010)
- Olympian Julia Clukey’s official website
- Vulcan GMS: One of the Olympics quirkiest sponsors